Determine and embrace the body type
Physique is about proportion, and fashion is about dressing individuals proportions to appear their best.
Whenever you consider physical structure, don't concentrate on weight and height... concentrate on shape. A slender woman can have a similar physique like a curvy woman, just like a brief lady can have a similar physique as her taller friend.
Everyone is exclusive — and our physiques are, too! Nonetheless, the body shapes are usually simplified lower to 5 general groups: pear, wedge, rectangle, apple and shapely. You may fall under one category, or you are mixture of several groups.
Once you have determined the body shape, you can start to think about which the latest fashions to embrace and which to prevent. Spend a while while watching mirror and perform a fair and honest assessment of the body. Then put these fashion tips to get results for you!
Pear-formed celebs: Kim Kardashian, Avoi Mendes, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Katherine Heigl
- Pear body traits: Your lower is wider than your torso — quite simply, your sides are wider than shoulders. Your bottom is rounded as well as your waist is well-defined.
- Your very best assets: Shoulders, torso and flat belly
- Your fashion goals: Stress your waist and arms, add volume for your shoulders and torso and reduce your sides.
Dos and do nots
If bodies are pear-formed like Kim Kardashian's, then you need to minimize your lower half and concentrate attention upward.
- DON'T put on clothing that pulls focus on sides and upper thighs, for example cargo pants or print skirts.
- DO consider using a-line skirts, which camouflage wider sides.
- DO keep hems of pants, skirts and dresses wide to balance the sides.
- DO test out light-colored tops and dark-colored bottoms for contrast.
- DO search for boat neck tops, square and cowl cleavage lines.
- DO put on bustier dresses to demonstrate arms as well as out proportions.
- DO try styles with ruffles on the top.
- DO put on jackets that hit right over the waist.
- DO go for sharp-toed footwear to elongate your legs.
Wedge-formed stars: Naomi Campbell, Demi Moore, Renee Zellweger, Teri Hatcher
- Wedge body traits: Also called the inverted triangular, this physique includes a broad chest and wide shoulders that are large compared to some narrow waist and sides.
- Your very best resource: Your legs
- Your fashion goals: Accentuate your lower body while conditioning shoulders and torso.
For those who have a wedge body like Audrina Patridge's, then you need to draw attention downward towards the narrower parts of the body, just like your waist and sides.
- DO put on vibrant colors below.
- DO put on wide-leg pants.
- DO put on full skirts.
- DON'T put on spaghetti-strap tops.
- DON'T put on boat neck-line tops.
- DO put on tops that decision focus on your waistline.
- DO test out high-waisted styles.
- DO search for clothes that induce the illusion of the waist.